MCC is dedicated to advancing education, technical practice, scientific investigation and research into cast-in-place concrete materials and construction by organizing the efforts of its members as a non-profit service organization. Individual memberships and member companies
represent design, construction and support industries associated with reinforced and post-tensioned concrete construction throughout Minnesota. MCC members have national and international presence in the design, construction, forensic, materials, QA/QC and construction fields. The organization is committed to keeping its members on the leading edge of technology as it relates to their respective disciplines via
continuing education programs, networking opportunities and research.
As MCC has grown as an organization, so has its commitment to encouraging students to pursue careers in concrete related fields and to enhance the level of professionalism and industry engagement of those students.
A $3,500 scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis to construction management, construction engineering, estimating and construction administration students.
In addition, MCC will provide a complimentary one year MCC student membership and complimentary registration for all continuing education opportunities to the scholarship winner.
Student’s home address must be in Minnesota OR student must be currently enrolled in a postsecondary Minnesota school (College or University).
Student must be pursuing an education in technical/professional fields associated with the cast-in-place concrete industry (Construction Management, Construction Engineering and Construction Administration Degrees).
Student must have an interest in concrete materials and/or concrete frame construction.
Submission Process and Timeline
- Applications may be downloaded from the MCC website or by e-mailing Margaret Mills, Administrator of the Minnesota Concrete Council.
- Completed applications and essay must be received by December 1, 2017.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed in person or by web connection by January 15, 2018.
- The MCC scholarship(s) will be awarded at an MCC continuing education program in the winter/spring 2018.
- The scholarship recipients are expected to attend a minimum of one MCC continuing education program sometime in the 2018 school year.
The MCC Scholarship Committee will review applications from qualified students and rank the students based on their proven interest in advancing the design and construction of structures incorporating cast-in-place concrete.
Applicants will be evaluated on:
• Involvement in concrete related activities
• Work experience (such as internships and research in concrete related fields)
• Written essay
• Transcript from College or University to document course work
THANK YOU SPONSORS
Enter Slider Before Sending to Client